Thursday, October 23, 2008

xbox 360

I have had a xbox 360 now for over a year and have never had a problem with until recently. I got the "three red rings of death." I was really frustrated and wanted to just throw my xbox out the window but i had heard about the xbox warranty repair. I called xbox explained what had happened and they requested that i send them my xbox so they can repair it. I hesitated and asked how much it would cost and xbox said it was all free, that they would take care of it. Within 24 hours i recieved my shipping label and sent it out. I recieved my xbox 360 in about two weeks. Overall i was very pleased with the turn around and service that they had provided me. What concered me the most was the rate at which these systems are failing.
Just from the people i know within the past year i know of 5 friends that have had to turn in their xbox 360 because of a problem. This system seems to have a high rate of failure. I recently read an article and it said, "there are numerous factors as to why this console continues to be sent in for repair, poor testing in early stages, memory issues, bad soldering and to top it off it went as far as to say before its launch 68 out of 100 systems we coming off the assembly line non-functional." This coming from a game pro magazine, but to just read that and think why didnt microsoft take some more time to re-think and get this all right, this could have saved them money?
Either way i look at it, they pushed for the release date on their consol and it was a major success. I just wish that they would have fixed all of their kinks before hand. Their great customer service and free handling of your broken xbox makes up for the problems this console has given so many people in my opinion.

No comments: