Thursday, October 16, 2008

Schedulin finnnnnnallllllyyyy made easy

I am a senior and all i can say is it is about time. For three years I have been blocked out of classes and told teachers wont sign me in, but that all finally changes this year. This year i get to sign up before the juniors and sophomores. I do not have to worry about not getting into classes. This all raises the question that Mercyhurst needs to provide more of the common classes for students and not be limited. There are classes that students have to wait for until they are a senior to get into. Some of the Distributive Core classes appeal to underclassman and they cant get in because the seniors take it over and the juniors fill in what they can get. This leaves Sophomores and Juniors out of luck and possibly stuck looking for classes that are on their "D" list. This has been a problem with a lot students and i feel like we all pay way to much money not to get into the classes of our choice. The school should look and see what classes may need to be taught more often then the others and change that. That way the students can take the classes they want and not the ones they dont

1 comment:

Mike said...

When I was a freshmen, I remember thinking I would be able to schedule the best classes when I became a senior. I think I would always prefer one class MWF at 11. This way I can sleep it quite a bit and I am still done early in the day. I hate taking 2pm classes on MWF. It was too late in the day for me. Anyways, I have found it difficult to schedule now. I've already taken most of my classes. As I have fewer and fewer classes to take,I don't really have a say in what time I would like to take class. If I need a class and it's at 8am, I pretty much have to take it. I don't know if that same class will be offered the next term. So, while I was able to get into the classes I needed to with ease, I really had no say in what time my classes were.