Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Browns fans is it time for change??

I am completely at a loss of words right now. The Cleveland Browns are 0-3. 0-3?, How could this be? We had such a good season last year and high expectations this year. Looks like we had to high of expectations this year. We do have a tough schedule this year but that aside we have not performed to the level that we should. We do have key offensive players out, like Stallworth and Jurevicius. We have played statistically three teams with top ten defenses in the league. We have had everything against us at the start of this year. I was looking up statistics at: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics and Adnerson ranks 31st in the league out of 32 teams in passer rating. He is barely better then Kansas City's starting quarterback Thigpen. Anderson was a pro bowl quarterback a year ago.
Everyone in Cleveland has heard the anouncment that Quinn would be getting more reps in practice this week with the first team. I think this may come at a bad time. We are about to play 0-3 Cincinatti in a battle for last place. The last thing i want is Derek Anderson going out there thinking if I screw up one play then Quinn comes in and I'm finished. There will be to much pressure. I feel that if by the half way point in the season were not at .500 level football Quinn should get the start from there on out and see how he does. It cant be all Anderson's fault. Edwards leads the league in dropped passes. The team needs to rally around Anderson and pick its game up before they decide to throw Quinn out on the field.

2 comments:

Mike said...

First, I think the Browns have terrible coaching. Crennel seems clueless every week and shows no emotion. The players love him because he goes easy on him. However, I do not believe Anderson will be a successful QB in the NFL. He is living off of 4 or 5 outstanding games from last year. Once teams got to study him, his production dropped. He could not even get a first down in the 2nd half of the game in Pittsburgh last year. From there he went down hill. He relies on his big arm but overthrows receivers constantly and throws into triple coverage. When he struggles, he stares down Edwards or Winslow. While Edwards has struggled with drops this year, he and Winslow saved Anderson with some spectacular catches last year. Do I think Quinn should start this week against the Bengals? Yes. We spent a 1st and 2nd round pick on him to be our franchise QB. From what I've heard on ESPN, Quinn has an amazing work ethic, commands the huddle and an amazing football IQ. I rarely see Anderson audible at the line and I think Quinn has the intelligence to audible and the ability to move out of the pocket well. There are 13 games left but it is a long shot for the Browns to make the playoffs. I am convinced Quinn is the franchise QB for now and the year should be spent getting him experience. I think he should start against the Bengals because their defense is terrible and this could be a great confidence booster going into the bye week. I'll support whoever is the quarterback but I am convinced the Browns are going nowhere with Anderson.

Christopher Cummings said...

I think the Browns have sort of an obligation to the fans to start Quinn. It's not that they have a lack of talent around him (Edwards, Lewis). They really have nothing to lose putting him in.